Now that you’ve already attended one virtual networking event, you will have a point of comparison. So, pick a networking event to attend this week that covers a different aspect of your interests and is hosted by a different organization. After you’ve attended your second event are to write a blog post about the virtual event you attended. You should let the reader know the following information:
• the name of the event, the host for the event
• Type of event: panel, networking get-together, presentation or tutorial, etc.
• Topics covered
• Was it interactive–was there a Q & A or breakout rooms, etc. Did you get to connect with attendees? Where they many attendees?
• What you learned & was there a follow-up email after the event from the hosts
• Your take/review of the event and how it compares with the previous event you attended
• Research one speaker or company or topic from the presentation and add information you learned from that research into your post
Here’s a past student’s review of a One Club Event. This one was in-person but can still be used as a model.
• You should also make sure you connect via LinkedIN with two individuals from this networking event.
See the Networking Section of our site for organizations and professional associations that you can get involved and start networking in your areas of interest.
Check out these videos from the One Club’s Creative Perspective Series
- Improving your writing and networking skills
- Improving your oral communication skills
- At your internship site, applying your skills and learning new ones
- Honing Your Research Skills