Faculty: This example post demonstrates how you can provide instructions for each assignment. It uses the category “Assignment Instructions” and can be found under Activities > Assignments in the site menu. Use the suggested outline below to structure your assignment posts.
Designing for Social Impact
Working independently, each student researches conceptualizes and develops an in-depth project, across media channels.
Project Topic: Community & Civic Engagement
You’ll conduct exploratory research to examine this theme and establish how YOU fit. Are you an expert or an ally? Once this phase is completed, you will identify a topic that you would like to focus on, then develop a conceptual plan that addresses a particular issue.
Your project will consist of:
- A final presentation of your completed conceptual plan.
- Examples of your research with will include: A process book, you break-out exercises, and readings.
- A midterm presentation that will establish your research and concept direction.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a strategy based on independent research.
- Think critically and creatively to solve visual communication problems. Design and/or produce images and text that effectively communicate intended content.
- Identify, evaluate, and effectively respond to ethical issues as a citizen and a professional.
- Present and defend his or her work
- to a client.
- Week 7 – Midterm Research Summary & Concept Pitch
- Week 15 – Final Concept Pitch
Create the PDF from the Template assignment here.
Research, independent/ critical assessment, and presentation skills are an all encompassing part of establishing a design solution. Therefore, grades will be determined as follows:
|Concept & Strategy||25%|
(Research and Analysis & Idea Generation)
(Composition & Writing)
Research synthesis / Strategic planning / Concept creativity / Depth of media channels / Visual Cohesion
|Presentation (Verbal & Visual)||25%|
Leave a Reply