Beverage Label Reboot
Congratulations you got your first gig! You have been approached a client to redesign an existing beverage label. You may identify your own client for this project. You may choose between an illustrated tea, beer or wine label.
NEW DESIGN MUST BE PRIMARILY ILLUSTRATED, NOT TEXT BASED.
Problem solve visually
Apply technical skills
Apply design concepts
Apply critical thinking skills to make creative inferences
Respect and Use Creativity
- Art must be made to fit the Product. (Wine label art should fit a bottle of wine, tea should fit a tea box, etc. )
- Final Art is required to be created in Black and White only. Ink and Pencil may be used.
- Solution may include text, but must be primarily image based.
- Students will be required to present the illustration alone, as well as a digital mock up of the illustration with all necessary text included.
- Work in Progress should be posted for feedback to the OPEN LAB, (categorize as work in progress)
- Part 1, Brainstorming and Research : Generate Ideas, find new ones through research, create an image library. Come up with at least 5 concepts to discuss with your client.
- Part 2, Ideation & Thumbnails: Generate multiple visual solutions for your client.
- Part 3, Concept Sketches
- Part 4, Tight Pencil Sketch
- Part 5 Finished Pencil Sketch & Value Studies
- Next Project: MID TERM FINAL INKED ART