Brainstorming and Research
- Identify a client who’s label you would like to redesign.
- Choose based on an inspiring name, NOT based on your relationship with the product.
- Research the client as well as any imagery suggested by the beverage, the brand or the name. Search for images as well as articles. Feel free to go with random ideas and whims, and to free associate, Don’t censor yourself!
- Describe your client in a sentence.
- Brainstorm in your sketchbooks based on research. Use the Word Web Method we practiced in class.
- Identify at least 4 different concepts for the final illustration and describe them in detail.
- Write them out in the form of a sentence. Be sure the concepts fit the client.
- Client Celestial Seasonings, Mint Magic Tea is whimsical, fun, and magical.
- Examples for MINT MAGIC TEA:
- illustration of a wizard, in a garden maze made of mint leaves, in front of a celestial sky
- illustration of a fairy bathing in a warm cup of tea
- illustration of a friendly gypsy reading tea leaves, in the cup you can see the tea leaves form the words “mint magic” in hand drawn letters.
- illustration of a cute baby dragon heating a tea kettle with its firey breath
- Explore these different concepts through drawing in your sketchbooks.
- Create a Pinterest board of inspiration for Assignment One to share with your client next week. Collecting visual imagery related to your concepts as well any reference images.
DUE NEXT WEEK:
- Post your Brainstorm, Sketches, and a Link to your Pinterest board, along with a description of your Client, and your Concepts to Open lab.
- Categorize your post Work in Progress.