Faculty: This post contains a survey that you can use to understand the technology and working spaces available to your students when they are working off-campus.
If you would like to use this survey in your course, please update the [date and time] below and make any other changes you wish in the Forms section of the Dashboard.
Please tell me about the technology and working space that you have available to complete your coursework. Please complete the questions below by [date and time].
Credits: This survey was based on a survey created by Maura Smale and Mariana Regalado.
Faculty: This post contains a recommended activity that helps build community in your class and introduces students to commenting as a form of class discussion. If you would like to use this activity, please update the date and time and length requirements below and make any other changes you wish.
Add a comment to this post introducing yourself to the class. You could include your academic interests, why you chose your major, what you enjoy reading, listening to, watching, and doing in your spare time, or anything else you want to share (include your pronouns, if you wish).
Please add your introduction by [DATE AND TIME]. It should be between [250-300 words].
Before next class, read the comments and get to know your classmates!
For extra credit, reply to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you have something in common? Did you learn something? Be kind.
Faculty: This example post demonstrates how you can provide instructions for each assignment. It uses the category “Assignment Instructions” and can be found under Activities > Assignments in the site menu. Use the suggested outline below to structure your assignment posts.
Design an advertisement as a magazine spread.
Consider how a magazine spread would influence your design considerations.
- Learn what it takes to create a successful magazine-based Ad Campaign
- Completed design must be formatted as 11×17 (landscape, i.e. two portrait pages together) and submitted as a .pdf file. File should be formatted to CMYK color.
- Design must include a brand purpose (product, logo, iconography, ect)
- Design must include a call-to-action (website, social media, location, ect)
- Design must include one main headline – should be largest element on ad
- Design must include one tagline – should be smaller than the headline and tie together both the headline and brand purpose
- Design must include dominant artwork that catches the audiences eye
- Add due dates or schedule