In food photography, a window is often used as the main light. If you position the food so that the window is a back light, the side of the food facing you will be dark with the shadows falling towards … Read More
Working with direct light, shoot 10 photos of shadows in which the shadow is a main component but not the only subject. There should be different light levels in each photo.
- If you are shooting with a camera, use the
Use direct light to do the following:
- 2 photos where the way light is illuminating the subject is important with the contrast of the shadow emphasizes it
- 2 photos where shadows create shapes and are the main elements but not
Black and white can be a great choice for an image particularly if your image is high contrast.
Best practice is to shoot in color and then convert to black and white. This gives you more control over how each … Read More
Needed for this class
- A camera or cameraphone
- Lightroom Classic or Lightroom Photoshop App
- A light source preferably a window during the day
- If working with a light, tracing paper or other material to diffuse the light
- A few simple