Physical Barriers: Something that prevents movement form one place to another. Anything , either natural(trees,hedges) or manmade(fences, police tape, gates,walls ), that keeps you from passing through.
Working outside during the day:
- Find examples of 4 different barriers.
For each barrier shoot following:
- Perspective shot of barrier-use the converging lines of the barrier as it moves away from you to create a strong sense of space in your photograph.
- Using shallow depth of field technique from class, move in close and focus on subject and the background is out of focus
- Using shallow depth of field technique, take the same photo but focus on background and the barrier should be out of focus.
Total of 12 images for part 1
- Visual barriers: Shapes and forms that occupy large areas of the frame that are not the main subject.
Use the frame to isolate a shape or form in the composition.
- Use rule of thirds and shallow depth of field and focus on shape
- Use rule of thirds and shallow depth of field and focus on background
Do this for 5 different shapes or forms
Total of 10 images for Part 2
Upload to flickr in an album labeled Barriers DOF. There should be 22 images in this album. Send your best 5 images selecting from Parts 1 & 2 to the group.
Leave a Reply