Various Artists, Monument Now Exhibit in Socrates Sculpture Park Queens

Greetings, my name is TK and Welcome to my section of COMD 1112, Digital Media Foundations..  The image above is of the piece “Monuments Now” Various Artists that is currently on view in the Socrates Sculpture Park until May 20, 2020. The pieces is part of the NYC Arts in the Park Program. Even when the museums are closed, there is art in NYC to be viewed outdoors and some of it might near your neighborhood.

Each week, we will be discussing key aspects of the communication design industry. During our first class together on zoom, we will review together some examples of different areas of visual communications. We will also review the policies of this course and the department, the syllabus, this open lab site, as well as our blackboard classroom site.

I’ll be asking you to introduce yourself to your classmates and tell me a bit about your background and how you came to be here at CityTech. I’ll also return the favor and provide you some information about my background.

Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions after our class today. I can be reached via email at TK and my office hours are posted on TK.

if anyone has trouble with their campus email, please visit http://cis.citytech.cuny.edu/Student/it_student_email.aspx

Please take some time to explore this OpenLab course site. Use the top menu bar to explore the course information, activities, and help. Scroll through the sidebar to find additional information about the materials shared here.

Join this Course

Login to your OpenLab account to join this course. Follow these instructions if you need help joining this course.

If you’re new to the OpenLab, follow these instructions to create an account and then join the course.

Remember that your username and display name can be pseudonyms, rather than your real name. Your avatar does not need to be a picture of your face–just something that identifies you on the OpenLab.

Questions

If you have any questions, please reach out via email or in Office Hours.

If you need help using the OpenLab, you can consult OpenLab Help or contact the OpenLab Community Team.