- Date: Add date
- Meeting Info: Add online details or in-person location
- Video Recording: To be added after class
- Topics: Project 1 Critique, Meetings with Professor, Quiz
To-Do Before Class
- Project 1 is DUE:
- Review the complete Project 1 Guidelines to make sure you have completed all phases of this project.
- Take a well-lighted photo your finished inked composition and then protect it with tracing paper for safe keeping.
- Post ALL of your Project 1 work. Follow the How to Post Your Work guide and include the project-specific details found under Project #1 Deliver. Remember to add the category Student Work > Project 1 Posts.
- We will look at your completed work during the critique next class.
Project 1 Critique
Let’s take a look at the completed Project 1 posts together and use the project vocabulary to describe the work. Specifically let’s compare the compositions that demonstrate Stable Figure/Ground and Ambiguous Figure/Ground using the terms Organic shape, Geometric shape, Figure (positive space), Ground (negative space), Economy, and Unity.
- When presenting your work, start with following: your name, the title and theme of the project, what you feel you did successfully, what you can improve on next time.
- Your peers and the professor will provide supportive, constructive feedback.
- You will have an opportunity to revise your work based on the feedback and improve your work and your grade.
Meetings with Professor
- Meet with the Professor to make sure you are on the path to success in this course. If you have questions or need extra help, now is the time to ask!
To-Do After Class
- Revise: Based on the critique, revise your Project 1 Post and any aspect of the completed work that you’d like to improve.
- Comment: Part of your Project grade is leaving well-written comments for your peer-critique partner and at least one other student. Follow the How to Comment and Critique guide for specific guidelines for leaving constructive feedback.
- Take the Project 1 Quiz.