Ninth Journal: How to Build a Business Networking Event.

I follow a page on Instagram called The Brief Collective, where they create pretend briefs for designers to create brand identity’s in order to keep their creativity alive. It’s also a way to add more pieces to our portfolio’s. They were holding a webinar on steps to take to start your own design business. They started with a presentation and then followed with a q&a. It was very enlightening seminar about how the founding members started this page and how they started their joint business. They spoke about how they were able to go from charging $100 for logo’s to charging $10,000 for a complete brand identity. In the q&a portion people were able to ask specific questions about building a business. They were very informative which was nice because I feel sometimes with these webinars they always try to plug something. Even though they did speak about they’re academy that people can sign up for, it wasn’t forced down our throat. I continue to follow the page and finally have the time to participate in their briefs.