Learning Self-Analysis for the Program

Throughout this entire Baccalaureate Program, I have learned and discovered numerous aspects about myself. For instance, I’ve learned that I thrive and learn best through reading/writing, as well as kinesthetically. The combination of theory and clinical experiences has helped me effectively absorb the information taught. I learn best through actual experience, by imitation and observation, both of which I’ve done under the supervision of my professors and clinical instructors. In addition, I’ve discovered that when faced with conflict, I am most apt to be compromising, especially when conflicts or issues arise—may it be with colleagues or professors. Moreover, when issues or conflicts have been unresolved and/or have grown in intensity, I tend to be collaborating and accommodating. I’ve also discovered that I am moderately extroverted, and my personality radiates warmth and optimism—a trait which I am most proud of, and I find useful when dealing with patients in the clinical setting. I rely more on my senses than on my intuition alone; and I form judgement and make decisions based more on thoughts than feelings, making sure that I think through my decisions thoroughly and rationally, before acting on them.