This semester I am comprehending that my Interactive Media professor wants the class to be open minded when it comes to learning during his lectures. He introduced us to a learning theory formulated by Jacques Ranciere in a commentary  entitled “The Ignorant Schoolmaster: Emancipation and Education”.

Ranciere’s observations of the relationship  between student and teacher has caused him to conclude that teacher’s maybe hindering students personal educational enhancement. This commentary explained how Ranciere observed that teachers were assuming that most students didn’t know the information being taught because they were merely students. Ranciere took this into consideration and concluded that hierarchy could possibly play a role in the teacher’s assumptions. He believed that teachers would use their role to justify that a student wouldn’t be able to  explain  the subject they are teaching because they are not the ones initially sharing the information but the ones posing questions to gain knowledge. This mindset from the teacher led Ranciere to believe students were being deprived from further exploring untaught knowledge personally discovered.

After reading a portion of this commentary,  I have to concur with Jacques Ranciere regarding his outlook on teacher and student educational relations. I have personally dealt with a college professor who abruptly dismissed knowledge I have researched and discovered about the subject of the class because they hadn’t discovered or mentally digested it. Years later the information I researched became normal and acknowledged by many. Learning should be considered a bias free experienced with few limitations when it comes to obtaining knowledge and logic.