For the fourth project of the semester, we were instructed to use Adobe Photoshop.  Even though Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are similar programs,  Photoshop only creates pixel images rather than vector. The objective for this project was to utilize some of the basic editing tools such as the lasso tool, the quick selection tool, and the paint brush tool.  We were asked to create 3 pictures; one that was abstract, one that depicted “small” and “large”, and one that represented old and new.

For my abstract picture, I chose to create a “tree lady” using the quick selection tool to piece together her body including her head and hair. I used the lasso tool to remove unwanted pixels from the outer lining of the large objects thatI used to create her body, hair and the background.

In order to give an illusion of “big” and “small”, I created an image of a normal size man seeming as if he is about to be grabbed by a giant.  For this, I used the same tactics that I used in the abstract image to create the man and the giant’s hand. I also used the paintbrush tool while managing the opacity setting to create shadows that reflect off of the brick wall  background.

I was inspired by a futuristic aesthetic for the creation of my old and new image. I used the same tactics as both the abstract and big/small images. I used a cut out image of a DeLorean and a Lamborghini to represent old and new. I also used cut out images for the road, portal, and road sign. I inserted text into the road signs and created shadows for all cut out objects.