Assignment 01 | My Dream Career

Throughout my college education I have been adamant about getting a degree in a major that I would utilize after graduation. I have dibbled and dabbled in a few areas such as Forensic Science and Biology, but eventually lose interest or have come to find out that the major was not what I thought it to be. I knew I needed to be passionate about the major I was studying and would eventually get my degree in. I believe in the saying “Money can not buy happiness” and my goal is to be advertently  passionate and fulfilled with the career of my choosing.

Before attending New York City College of Technology, I was trying to decide whether I should pursue my Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Architecture. I went back and forth for a while. I chose to pursue my Bachelor’s degree in Architecture due to the fact that I would learn more while learning how to use some of the same programs that graphic designers use as well. Til this day I am still interested and passionate about Architecture and I’m glad I made the right choice. Later on, I learned that my mother studied Graphic Design when she attended art school in England and my uncle attended Pratt for Architecture after the whole family migrated here from England, but had to withdraw due to financial issues. I thought this was meant to be since I chose this career path without any assistance or a mentor. It’s funny how things work out in life.

My dream career goals are to become a licensed architect who concentrates on sustainability as well as interior design, an artist who showcases in art shows and galleries all over, a real estate agent who sells property on the side and to buy and flip houses. I am currently working on two out of four of these goals and will  continue to strive to meet the rest of them. The ultimate goal is to have a few outlets that supply continuous revenue.