My Dream Career!

As a young child, I have always been intrigued with space, it’s function and the general structure that is associated with it. Growing up among two other siblings, I was the rare child that found satisfaction with cleaning up our rooms, or the general house. It was an  opportunity for me to make a unilateral decision about how the spaces that we occupied should look. Though my power was limited regarding the use of the spaces, I took it to my advantage to rearrange and orient the furniture, and hoped my parents would appreciate it.

As I advanced over the years in my education and self growth, it  became clear that Architecture, Interior Designing and Development is truly what I’m passionate about.  And after some thoroughly research and advisement from mentors, it is clear that a big demanding city that continues to grow like NYC will be the ideal place to practice and/or perform my career duties. As mentioned by my colleague Fernando; “you are likely to succeed with in theses areas if skill sets such as communication, time management work ethic and optimism is mastered.”  I have worked to hone these skills of over the years studying architecture.

I plan to polish these skills more as I further my education in Grad. school. The plan is to take up urban planning, which is a year course, and also attain a certificate in real-estate. This, as I have learned falls in line with all three areas that I’m again, most passionate about, ‘Architecture,’ ‘Interior Designing,’ and ‘Development.’