My Dream Career

My dream career centers around an elective course I recently studied. My discovery of sustainability made me rethink the career I wanted to participate in. While taking this sustainability course I learned about new possibilities that I could potentially experience. Sustainability in architecture is something that I am still learning and would like to continue studying post-graduation. I would also like to apply sustainability in my remaining design courses. 

Being in New York City proves to have its many benefits such as the implementation of innovative technology that can be used to create sustainable buildings. Not only do I want to learn and apply this knowledge; I also want to teach it to the next generation. Stressing the importance of this information will continue to positively impact our world. It would be interesting to meet new people related to this field that can talk about their own experiences.

I like to keep my options open so I am able to learn and try new things. This is what builds experience and will help to know whether I truly enjoy something or not.  I find that I like many aspects of sustainability in architecture but I would not limit myself to just learning about this topic. 

– Shabana Rahim

ARCH 4861

W 2:30-5:00