Dream Job – Marvin Guerrero

Marvin Guerrero

ARCH 4861 – Professional Practice

February 6, 2019

Dream Job

Picking a position in architecture for me is a very broad topic because as mentioned in the article by Archdaily completing a degree is an obstacle and moving further it will pay off in different ways. When I first started to learn anything about architecture, I didn’t really know much about it because I mainly focused on Illustration art or graphic design topics before. Furthermore, once I got into the architecture field and started to connect with people I started to think of what positioned I envision myself in. So, to answer the question I would see myself focusing on Urban Planning or Urban Design because the work in architecture I’ve seen in Landscape Architecture has caught my attention. Plus, sustainably is important to me in my opinion because it seems that developing green spaces or incorporating nature into a translated form of architecture that can possibly shape the years ahead is becoming something more significant for society. The building industry is big with many branched out connection careers but for me Urban Planning is one of the things I see myself working as.

In Urban Planning I also intend to get my master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, so I could learn more about this area/field. Now I won’t leave out my fabrication background because it will be a waste, so I want to work as a side or a main position job in anything involving fabrication in the architectural field. This involves CNC milling with wood, Material testing for a firm project, fabricating custom furniture, etc. I enjoy fabricating since there is a lot of engaging taking place when working with people or literally working with materials. In my opinion I would like a position in a firm to work as a fabricating or model making position because I feel like you can step away from the digital space (AutoCAD, Revit and Rhino) and engage more of the hands-on activities in architecture which I enjoy. So overall, I’m trying to build my experiences in architecture in Urban Planning or Fabrication to potentially work in a firm which is my future goal.

One thought on “Dream Job – Marvin Guerrero”