Assignment #1 Dream Job

Morris Schneps

Arch 4861

Professional Practice

As a child, my bedroom floor was filled with Legos and blocks. All I needed was a box of Legos and my imagination to be entertained for hours. I knew at a young age that my dream was to become an architect. I have learned a lot in my time at New York City College of Technology. This includes the computer programs used in the architectural field as well as what makes for a “good” design. Before college, I concentrated only on the aesthetic of a building. Now I understand that architecture is about the experience through the structure as well as the aesthetics.

My dream job is to be an architect focused on designing and detailing. I want to help design the overall project and then focus on the smaller aspects of the project. I enjoy understanding how things are put together in the real world. I would like to work in an architecture firm where I can learn, grow, and collaborate with others. I want to work in a firm with a creative and friendly culture in Brooklyn or Manhattan. I want to gain experience in the architectural industry. I want to learn both the architectural side of the firm as well as the business side. Eventually, I want to become a licensed architect and open up my own architectural firm.

2 thoughts on “Assignment #1 Dream Job”

1. Its cool that architecture, business and construction are all relatable in this field. You learning the businesses side and the architectural side is not considered by most students so I just found this interesting.

2. I also agree with Marvins response and therefor find it interesting as well how it is all field related. You definitely will receive many different perspectives and get a taste of how each one is performed.