Big Box Office – Karen Vintimilla

What is your evaluation of the client’s intent? What would be your approach to this design problem?

• I believe the client is trying to show how it is unfair and unequal for people to work in a box shape space with no windows and no privacy. By making the headquarter staff work in such space they will understand the store employees on how they feel working in such a rigorous space. My approach as an architect would be to explain the importance visual and acoustical privacy and give the client some design ideas that would include this indirectly.
  • What more information would you request from the client?

I would ask the client for the number of people that will be occupying this space, what type of spaces he will be needing. Are these people spending more of their time during the morning or evening time inside this building? How much is he willing to spend?

• At what stage of the contract should this issues be discussed?

This issue should be discussed since the beginning before starting any design.

2 thoughts on “Big Box Office – Karen Vintimilla”

1. I agree with the assessment on the client it is very unfair and unequal. I like when you asked “Are these people spending more of their time during the morning or evening time inside this building?” not only will it help you in making the space more humane. It will also guide you in how you decide to design this project, or if you would even go through with it.

2. I agree with the assessment on the client it is very unfair and unequal. I like when you asked “Are these people spending more of their time during the morning or evening time inside this building?” not only will it help you in making the space more humane. It will also guide you in how you decide to design this project, or if you would even go through with it.