Final Project Proposal – Exploring Residential Architecture

For my final project I want to explore the ins and outs of residential architecture; how it’s practiced and how to enter into this sector of architecture. With this topic, I want to attain a better understanding of the inner workings of residential architecture.

Research questions

How can someone enter this area of architecture? What skills and experience are desired for somebody just starting their career in this field?

How can working in this field be different than work on commercial spaces?

How does working on multi-unit residential build differ than working on a single family home?

How does working in residential architecture differ domestically and abroad?

What are some issues that can occur while working on this type of project? And how do they vary from project to project?

To get this information, I’d like to interview architect(s) with experience of the proposed topic, and with what I wish to explore.

4 thoughts on “Final Project Proposal – Exploring Residential Architecture”

1. Great topic questions, our ideas are very similar, I am also looking forward to working on a project that discusses the overall idea on working with residential homes. Just wondering if you plan on working for a specific firm or you would like to have your own business.

2. Great topic questions, our ideas are very similar, I am also looking forward to working on a project that discusses the overall idea on working with residential homes. Just wondering if you plan on working for a specific firm or you would like to have your own business.