Final Project Proposal

For my final project i would like to focus on opening an international architectural company. Because i always wanted to have different type of clients, with diverse cultures and traditions and from different regions. In this topic i will research and discover all the major aspects that need to be done.

The research will include:

1. Is there an international license that allows me to have clients all over the world?
  2. American and European licences – do i need both in order to have projects here and there? How do i get them?
  3. Where to set the main office?
  4. What is the minimal budget to open such a company?
  5. Do i need a partner? If so, how many?
  6. How to know the total price of the project? Who gives the price? How the amount distributed among all involved? How architect’s profit calculated?
  7. How to find good creative employees and how many do i need for start?
  8. What are the major occupations i should have?
  9. Business plan
  10. Where do i pay taxes? In the country i leave, or in the country where business is?
  11. Research similar companies: what kind of projects, where located, how many people working, their salaries, insurances, benefits.. etc

I believe these steps will help me to understand better the whole business idea and help me to move forward toward my dream job more faster and wisely.

5 thoughts on “Final Project Proposal”

1. Hey Oxana!
    I really like your idea of an international Architectural company. I think it would be really interesting to see just what you need to reach that goal. I also think it’s interesting because I remember someone in our class asked about getting their Master’s degree from Europe and how it would affect their work in the US and maybe even other countries around the world. Should be a really great topic to research!

2. Hey Oxana!

3. Hey Oxana, I would love to work on a topic like this one because i have also wanted to work outside the US. For similar reasons and also I would love to introduce and be introduced to new architecture. There is so much beauty out there that it would be a shame to just stick and learn about one type of architecture. Totally love this idea for the final proposal.

4. Hey Oxana, this is an intriguing topic, as for someone like me who has aspirations to work and obtain a Masters Degree abroad. I feel that it’ll make for a great topic that’ll answers many of the questions I have.