Dream Job?

Before mentioning my “Dream Job”, let me give you a background check on how I decided on architecture. Junior year in high school arrived and I was wondering what I wanted to pursue in life.  Drawing has been my main hobby ever since I was a little girl and math was my strongest subject in school. My father started mentioning to me architecture and engineering should be careers I should look into. I decided to become an architect because it takes a lot of creativity and knowledge to create a space into functional structures that give what the people want and need.

I came from Mexico, which is a country that is not as developed as the United States, let alone New York City. I remember my town in México not having enough buildings such as schools, hospitals, residential, commercial, etc. They were not designed effectively and beneficial for the community. 

Currently I will be receiving my bachelors degree from Citytech in spring 2021. I want to get my master’s degree. I would want to focus on designing green buildings and recreation spaces. While getting my master’s degree, I want to gain experience by working as an intern at a small firm and then later transfer to a bigger firm. I have the mentality of working smart, not hard, and start working from the bottom to the top.

Now as to  my “Dream Job”, I don’t have one, yet . My main mission is to be able to design and build green buildings in Mexico and countries who need help. It will help industrialize the countries, but at the same time not harming the environment. I have a huge respect  for Mother Nature. We get oxygen, water, and food from it and wouldn’t be fair in return treat it bad. Green spaces and vegetation in urban spaces is important for me as a future designer. Nature gives a sense of comfort and calmness which is something busy urban cities would need. 

Overall I enjoy learning new strategies to enhance my knowledge to design and become one of the best architects. As long as I have the love and passion for architecture, it doesn’t matter to me what my job is rather how I have made a positive impact on this world.

One thought on “Dream Job?”

1. Similarly to you, I grew up seeing many adults around me in the construction field. That was one of the main things that prompted me to look into architecture.