Dream career, Still searching…

I once had a dream of becoming the best scientist the world had ever seen, when I was ten years old, but with life experiences, it knocked me into a space where reality took precedence and guided me to a Tabula Rasa where Art and how things work converged.

My time spent as an adolescent altered my thought patterns to that of a “fixer” especially during drawing/ sketching, I would always spend most of my time getting one thing “correct” rather than completing pages within my drawing book as “Quality over quantity” was my inner motto. Then, I started to imagine myself as someone whom everyone wanted to seek for answers. How could I do that if I don’t read?, that was my problem and comics wouldn’t suffice, I took up reading to improve upon that which was to make it into what I could be, while fighting procrastination daily.

I can’t remember a time when I considered a dream job, I was always thinking about just getting rich by some sort of Divine intervention that would drop something in my lap, that was due to my understanding of the world at that particular time, always hoping and trying to will the universe into giving me what I thought I deserved. As I grew with knowledge, I began to understand what my calling was while reflecting on many life lessons, I understood that I wanted to be one of those persons that are willing to give of his time and energy to make others comfortable and find solutions to problems that may arise while planning how to utilize space religiously. 

I had a mentor by this time who not only showed me the other side of life but also what doors could be open to my interest when I seek it. I already had a knack for spatial planning through playing with LEGO bricks and had the opportunity to experience technical drawing through classical “pen to paper techniques”, so as my blessings would have it, I entered the world of Architecture. I am still sifting through the possibilities that my learned life skills can open up for me. My dream job, if I had to think about it, the criteria would be defined as something i wouldn’t mind doing everyday, something that suits my personality, something I excel in and most importantly, supports my lifestyle. In conclusion, I’m still searching to find my true purpose.

2 thoughts on “Dream career, Still searching…”

1. Hey Fitzroy,
    Our life itself is a journey of seeking and searching. And even when you think you found your passion, do not settle for anything less than which fills your heart and soul.
    Personally I do not like the idea of having passion for just one thing. we are made for EVERYTHING which exists and everything was made for us. To explore it all should be one’s true goal.
    And for a job to financially keep you stable? YOU GOT THIS. Thats not a big deal. People eventually find ways to provide themselves. But which truly completes us, is exploring and searching. And you are already on your way.

Good Luck Explorer!

2. While I have some idea of what area i would like to work in, I also don’t know exactly what my dream job would be. All in all, we’ve taken steps that many don’t take by going to college, to ensure that we have the maximum opportunities to have that job.