Empire State Building

New York Building

The New York building that I would like to write about is the empire state building. This is building one the images that come to mind when you think of New York. Located in mid-town Manhattan it became like the heart of New York. One of the most assonating things of its history was how fast it was built. It being in competition with the Chrysler Building (another wonderful building) for being the tallest building at its time, the Empire State Building was erected in just thirteen months.

It stands tall with 102 stories, its height is 1250 feet high, and it was the tallest building in New York for 40 years. It was until the World Trade Center or the Twin Towers were built. This building has its own history from suicides to an airplane crashing into it but it still remains a major symbol for the state. The style comes from the Art Deco style which was being used often at the time. Another great thing about this building is that its energy efficient. Built in 1931, this building has being modified to be LEED certified. LEED is Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and the Empire State Building is part of this green building development.

I have visited this building as a child and I could remember looking up from the street and could wait to get to the top. I looked over the wall to the street and could see the entire Manhattan Island from all four sides. This view is something everyone should see especially if you live here in the state. I went back now as an adult and still think the view is great, it’s a shame to not this when it’s right here in our city.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.