Museum Trip

I saw the exhibition called “Blue” at Nassau Museum and it seemed very interesting to me how the artists have made their artworks based or the main element was the color blue. There are some of the artworks of the exhibition. The first artwork is “Buste de Femme” (1902) by Picasso.  

In 1973, after Pablo Picasso’s death, his granddaughter Marina authorized the printing of these original lithographs. There are more than 500 printed on first quality arches paper of this artwork. I see in this artwork a humble woman could be a housewife or a model with an expression of sadness or suffering. Also, the blue color that it has in almost all the artwork it adds a touch of sadness. I find interesting and well dome work the different shades of blue in this artwork. 

Another artwork is  “L’Air” by Joan Miro 1937 Verve.   

Joan Miro (1893-1983) born in Spain, artist and writers, moved to Paris in 1920. His first solo exhibit was 1925 in Paris and 1930 in the USA. This lithograph was printed in paper 14 x 10.5 inch.  I see this artwork as a happy artwork because it has various colors. Also, I see like the bottom of a part of the sea with rocks in the form of volcanoes with fish, algae with colors or it may be other forms. This artwork has different forms that are not defined or does not have a specific meaning depending on the public or obserber. 

The third artwork that I choose is “Beulen Birn (Bulging Pear)”, Paul Klee, gouache, ex. Col. Ernest Hemingway.  

Paul Klee (1879-1940) was a German and Swiss artist. He was a natural draftsman who experimented with and eventually deeply explored color theory. As the name says this artwork is a painting of a pear on a table or it can be on another surface. This artwork can represent loneliness or sadness because I see a lonely pear and it can be sad, also, the blue color gives it a touch of sadness.