Westcott_Final_log

In this class I learned about lighting for portrait shots and how to get the best product in the end. There are three lights used in the shot which are main light, fill light and background light.The main light has the subject facing the camera using softbox. Small, distant light sources cast sharp shadows with high contrast.Large,close light sources cast soft shadows with low contrast. A second light is fill light which adds light to the shadow or until side of the face using a reflector.Background light is the lighting the background separate from the backgrounds.It add depth to the photograph.I also learned about exposure which can make a picture either darker or lighter.Exposure tells with ISO, aperture and shutter speed. Slow shutter speed deals with big light and capture unique movements whereas fast shutter speed deals will small light.This class taught me alot about the principals of photography and their elements for editing.When it comes to my career and editing images all these skills that I learned in class will come in handed.