This image was taken with two different sources of light a soft box and a lighting grid. The soft box is on the right side held up to the angle of her face. A grid light is lower towards her middle torso, pointing towards the background to provide depth to the image. The soft light provides a warm tone on the face as to the back light gives a cooler feel to the image. The light being in front of her face allows to cast very dramatic shadows on face and skin. Lastly, As a group we added a fan effect to the portrait in order to capture the softness of the light to resemble the subject.
- HW-Exhibit Review
- HW1-photo description
- Learning Logs
- LL1-What makes a great photograph?
- LL2-Composition and Camera Angle
- LL3-Composition-Pattern, Angle and the Rule of Thirds
- LL4-Lighting Direction
- LL5-Portrait Lighting
- LL6-Portrait Lighting for mood
- LL7-Shutter Speed and Capturing Motion
- LL8-Painting with Light