In this visual Quote Project, I choose “If Life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor.” by Eleanor Roosevelt because I think life is all about challenges. It actually depends on us what we make of them. We may let those problems beat us down, or use them as launchpads to achieve all the things we had always wanted to. Whatever we may put effort with the life will gives us, it is downright foolish to expect the serpentine river of life to follow a straight, predictable path. Thus, I have decided to made three concepts of this quote.

At first, I was thinking to use duotone image to show life were unpredictable, it could be both side either successful or unsuccessful. Then, I started to chose a high quality image and use Photoshop to make the half of the image gray scale to express the worse side in our life. For the second concept, I decided to play around with different fonts and the color with single word to emphasized “flavor” was the most important meaning in this quote. And last but not least, I was enjoyed to change the background color blue with the opacity as showing two different feelings of the visual quote.

At the end, I was finalized with a certain font and remain the background picture for the first concept. I found a background picture and add some red color in it to show the loneliness and consistency for the quote in my second concept. For the third concept, I gray scale the lollipop to embrace the essence of life and enjoy its capricious nature.

Visual Quote_ Sketch