Branding

Logo 1Logo 1

I did not use any ligature of the reading in this design because I like to keep the letters separate. I did overlap the color which are red, black and white. I like to keep simple straight forward designs this is the reason my logo looks the way it is. I choose this design as final because it has the colors, circles and letters which I feel comfortable working with.

This logo was designed with Adobe Garamond Pro Bold a contemporary typeface family based on the roman types of Claude Garamond. The size of the letters is 150 pt. It is a Serif. This font is recommended for paragraphs and logos. It has standard caps with high contrast and regular weight. The width is regular as well as the x-height. These are the main reasons why I chose this font, the versatility and efficacy way to manage it. The circles are created with these measurements in CMYK:

White                          C   0,     M  0,    Y   0,     K    0

Red                              C 42,     M69,    Y 65,     K 44

Black                          C  56,    M 45,    Y 48,     K 71

The design is a clean way to express myself. The colors are those which I feel identify with. The letters are easy to recognize. I wanted to overlap the circles so the letters come be closer, in that sense show the initials of my name.

Logo 2

Logo 2

There is not ligature from the reading in this design because I was trying to design something that has not lot of color on letters. The circles on each side are made with colors which I use in as a personal brand. I personalized the logo trying to communicate the idea that designing should be something simple easy to ready and understand. I did not like the final end of the design because there is too much circles at both sides. I prefer something where letters are mix with the circles as it happens in the first logo.

Logo 3

Logo 3

Ligature from the reading is not present in the logo. The reason is simple I do not like to mix the letters as I mention before. The reading has great examples but I did not apply them. I tried to develop a flag in this logo where the letters are mix with colors, but the final result was not what I expected. This is the principal reason why I did not choose this as a final logo.