We are pleased to let you know that the CUNY Career Launch application for summer 2023 internships with the Mayor’s Office Public Engagement Unit (PEU) is still open! The deadline has been extended to February 28, 2023! Please forward this email to at least one friend to let them know of this great opportunity.
- Do you want to get paid $20/hour up to total of $2600 – $3400 for serving your community?
- Do you want to boost your resume and future salary with real world experience?
- Do you meet program eligibility criteria such a 2.0 or above GPA?
- Are you between 18 – 24 years old?
- Do you want opportunities to improve your community by helping others?
- Do you want to build your professional network with the Mayor’s Office Public Engagement Unit, hundreds of our community partners and two thousand other Career Launch interns?
Information Sessions: Please register for an upcoming info session to learn more:
Wednesday 2/22, 11 am: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYpcemppjMqGNNUfU1xxw01MUk13TDJTBvT
City Tech now leads the Mayor’s Office Public Engagement hub (PEU) for the CUNY Career Launch Initiative. We are specifically interested in recruiting students from all CUNY colleges who are interested in work related to social justice, government, and community outreach. Only students who apply to PEU internships (described as “grassroots organizing” in the application) can earn up to $3400 for the summer.
PEU internships, open to all majors, give students like you a chance to improve New York City’s future one person a time. To create healthy, caring, and resilient communities, students will conduct proactive in-person outreach to vulnerable New Yorkers in the community and connect them to important government benefits and neighborhood resources.
While making a difference in the lives of fellow New Yorkers, students like you also gain real-world experience and expand your transferable job skills such as leadership, communication, and confidence. While increasing your knowledge of social issues, PEU internships can help add valuable experience to your resume and expand your professional network as well. We provide professional training and support to help you have a meaningful, paid summer internship!
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
CUNY Career Launch & CUNY Service Corps @ City Tech
New York City College of Technology
Professional Development Center
300 Jay Street, L114
Brooklyn, NY 11201