Entry 2

When I was applying for intern positions on Indeed.com I really was not expecting to hear back. My portfolio is not as full as it should be and that concerned me. When I heard back from Statista the Michael Elian, the Organization Supervisor spoke to me on the phone to tell me what their looking for and see if it sounds like a position that would be right for me. At the end of the conversation we set up an interview time for the next morning. There were two people interviewing me who were very welcoming. I was told I would work with one of them, but they were not sure which yet. They asked which applications I felt most comfortable with and they took a very quick peek at my portfolio.

A few hours after the interview I was offered the position. This all happened very quickly and was a lot to take in, but I decided to act my age, push away my fears and concerns and accept the internship. A few days later the interns that were able to come were invited to orientation. We were introduced to the person that would be giving us work and guide us. To my surprise I was not placed with either person I was told I would be, rather I was with the tech team. I was wondering what I had to do with the tech team but once it was explained to me that I would marketing design for them it all made sense. Orientation was great because I had the opportunity to meet the other interns (I was surprised to see someone from city tech was interning there as well,) and get familiar with the office. I was asked to come back in couple days to meet the intern that had my position over the summer, turns out she is at city tech as well. She showed me the ropes and the project I would be taking over. The project was designing a collection of single sheets meant to grab the attention of potential clients and show them a taste of what Statista has to offer on the topic they interested in. A bout a week later I officially started at Statista working 20 hours a week.