Thumbnail 1 In this first ligature I want to experiment with the idea of overlapping the first two letters of my name so I can suggest the idea of unity with me and my client who would work with me. Then I decided to make the B bold to resemble my attitude with my work and as well to emphasize me last name. After wards I made the M white to give some air space making it look like a cut out for my identity. The style was leaning towards minimal because I wanted to also show the way I am as a designer which is clean and modern. After creating the ligature I experimented with color and used an orange red representing passion and energy to who I am as a person and my work.

Thumbnail. In this second thumbnail I am trying to  play around with negative space by simplifying the letters, cutting out parts of its anatomy to make it a bit mysterious and a modern touch. As I was doing this I was looking at how it can be professional by brining the ligature together even though there is a missing stem on the M your eye can make a invisible idea of where the arm is so making it my different way of making a ligature without having every part there.

Thumbnail 3 In this Ligature I wanted to use a geometric take on it. When I was looking at the original letters I was wonder what if we made it more clean and angular. I first played around with the pen tool and then I turning the M to an object so I can manipulate it and then I realize that the B’s that were offered in the font book weren’t looking as great as I was expecting it to be . So I just designed a B for myself to satisfy the letter M. Then after it was done I made a cut in the M and B to give this idea of precision with my had when I am designing my work as well of who I am as a person who looks for perfection in design.

FINAL LIGATURE.

final ligature. In this ligature I wanted to use a actual font and find one that was based on san serif/ geometric forms so I used Futura. With that I placed the m and b to one another to signify that I want to be a collaborator with others but to but then I added some negative space for air. Lastly I played with color and I wanted to used blue to signify trust and yellow for energy.