Group Members: Natasha, Charles, and Ota
Problem Name: Sandwich Shop
- We have a budget of $20.00 and we need to supply the sandwich that the designer of PBJ-2K has requested. As a team, we focused on balancing out quality versus prices.
Solving Our Problem:
- Made a list of all the specifics we were given (Type of bread, plate size, etc.)
- Wrote out questions to answer and find answers to
- Do the plate and knives have to be purchased?
- Can the bread be put in a container?
- Flavor of Jelly?
- Peanut butter – chunky or smooth?
- Is a certain brand preferred?
- Look for sales and discounts
- Communication with group
- Listing materials needed
- Deciding jobs for everyone to do in the group
- Natasha: Construction Drawings
- Myself: Buying, Budgeting, and keeping all paperwork
- Charles: Materials List, Assisting with finding and supplying materials needed
- Make construction drawings
- Test sandwich construction
After Presentation Thoughts:
- We had all materials needed and excess
- We focused more on materials we found to be important that were not necessary for solving the problem
- Gloves, Hairnet, Napkins
- We needed to put clear concise instructions for the person on the other end building from our materials
- We needed to label things better
- Being prepared for questions
- Always have excess due to there being possible issues with materials
- Focus on the order you store things in the truck
- Using this first problem as reference for the future
New Problem Discovered:
- We discovered our main problem turned out to be not realizing that the person receiving our materials and construction drawings need to have specific and clear instructions to follow through with the construction. They don’t have the clear understanding of how to create the prop that we have when supplying the materials. We are also not there when they are constructing from the materials to assist them.
- This issue can be found in many situations. And with the knowledge I acquired from Problem 1, I have learned how to go about this issue (shown in after presentation thoughts).
PB&J PROJECT SANDWICH RENDERING
|Plate||?||Brought||6 ¼” Diameter, LCT|
|Napkins||1 package||Bought||Party City|
|Peanut Butter||1||Bought||Stop n Shop|
|Jelly||1||Bought||Grape Flavored, Stop n Shop|
|Bread||1||Bought||1 Package, oatnut, Stop n Shop|
|3||2/7/2016||Stop&Shop||Creamy Peanut Butter||$2.99|
|5||2/11/2016||Phone Call from Union Employee||$0.20|
|PETTY CASH ADVANCED:||$20.00|
|CHECK/CASH DUE TO FAYE:||-$9.08|