Due to the closures thanks to Frankenstorm, please note the date changes below. They are subject to change, of course, in the case that City Tech remains closed on Thursday or later.
Please note that the Tuesday, Thursday class has the midterm on Thursday 11/8. On election day 11/6, there will be a review session.
Test 3 will be scheduled for 10/23 and
10/29 11/5. The topics to be covered are as follows:
- Matrix inverses (sections 2.2 and 2.3)
- Subspaces and vector spaces (sections 2.8 and 4.1)
- Null space and Column space (sections 2.8 and 4.2)
- A basis of a subspace (sections 2.8 and 4.3)
- Dimension and rank (section 2.9)
Here is a review sheet for Test 3.
The midterm will be on
10/30 11/8 and on 11/5 11/12. The topics covered will be cumulative and will also include:
- Determinants (Chapter 3 sections 1 and 2)
To recall the topics of Test 1, I have listed them below:
- Matrice (Section 2.1)
- Matrix operations +, *, T (Section 2.1)
- Vectors and vector operations (section 1.3)
- Linear combinations (sections 1.3, and 1.4)
- Linear independence (section 1.7)
- (reduced) row echelon form (section 1.2)
- Forward and backward elimination (section 1.2)