- Understand the derivative of an inverse function.
- Calculate derivatives of the standard inverse trigonometric functions.
- Chapter 3.7 Derivatives of Inverse Functions
- p. 306: 265, 267, 279-283 all, 287
Exit problems of the session
Find the derivative of the following functions:(a). (b). (c).
- Differentiation formulas for the inverse trigonometric functions.
Videos and Practice Problems of Selected Topics
- Derivatives of inverse functions from equation (5:03) Given and let be the inverse function of . Notice that . Find .
- Derivatives of inverse sine function (4:55) Deriving the formula of inverse sine function, .
- Derivatives of inverse cosine function (3:43) Deriving the formula of inverse cosine function, .
- Derivatives of inverse tangent function (6:01) Deriving the formula of inverse tangent function, .
- * Practice: Derivatives of inverse trigonometric functions. (4 problems)