Welcome MAT 1475 students! We’ll be using this OpenLab site throughout the semester – please take a look around and see what is available.
Your first OpenLab assignment is to introduce yourself to your classmates. Late submissions will receive partial credit.
Assignment. Write a comment in reply to this post (scroll to the bottom to find the “Leave a Reply” box). Your comment should be at least 2 paragraphs in length. In the first paragraph, introduce yourself in whatever way you wish (what do you want your classmates to know about you?). In the second paragraph, choose ONE of the following two topics and write a response. Don’t forget to tell us which topic you chose.
Topics (choose ONE).
- Was math ever your favorite subject? If so, when was it? What about math made it your favorite? If math has never been your favorite subject, what about it do you not like?
- Sometimes people can recognize a time when their opinion of math dramatically changed either for the better or the worse. Tell us about it.
Extra Credit. For extra credit, write a response to one of your classmates’ comments. Do you feel the same? Did you learn anything? Do you have any advice? Be kind.
Almost every child, from shortly after they learn to count, has some idea of infinity. In this assignment, you will share your ideas about what infinity is.
Assignment (due Tuesday, April 17th): Create a new blog post about the topic below. Detailed instructions on writing a post and adding images can be found on the OpenLab Help Pages. You should create a new blog post including the following:
- The title should include the word “Infinity” and also your name.
- Your post should consist of one paragraph in response to the topic.
TOPIC: What is infinity? Explain in your own words.
- You must include an photo or image that illustrates the idea of infinity in some way. For information on including a photo in your post, see the OpenLab Help Pages.
- Under tags, enter “infinity, assignment 1”