Hi everyone! Read through the material below, watch the videos, and follow up with your instructor if you have questions.
Session 4: Introduction to the TI-84
Topic. This lesson covers Session 4: Introduction to the TI-84
- Graph functions and choose an appropriate window
- Find zeros, maxima and minima
WeBWorK. There are no WeBWorK assignments on today’s material.
Additional Video Resources.
Learning to use the TI-84 Calculator
The TI-84 is a complex calculator, but you can accomplish a great deal by learning just a few different tools and techniques.
Texas Instruments recommends this tutorial by Hoonuit for learning to use the calculator. There are short videos on many different topics – some important ones are:
- Turning the calculator on and off
- Entering an equation to produce a graph
- Finding the ideal Zoom settings for a graph
- Using the CALC menu part 1 and part 2
- Using TRACE to investigate graphs
- Finding the zeros of a function
With your calculator in hand, please take a look at the tutorial videos, and read through Session 4: Introduction to the TI-84 in the textbook. Follow along with your own calculator!