I am so pleased to be your professor this Fall. We will have our first session on Blackboard Collaborate on Thursday, August 26th at 10 am.

Please start by reviewing the Course Information and Course Calendar. We will go through this information together during our first class meeting so be ready with questions. Also, please fill out this Media Release form and email it to me at mbonanome@citytech.cuny.edu. This will allow me to record our lectures so that your class can have access to the recordings.

During this semester you will be expected to review the online lessons posted under Class Agendas before class and be prepared to work during our Blackboard session together on the Excel or Word lesson posted for that day. Your participation in OpenLab assignments will be incorporated as part of your grade.

This semester you will also be using WeBWorK for your online homework. I’ll be sending you an email to your City Tech email address with your login information so be on the lookout for that.

You will have a chance to ask questions about your homework as well during class and office hours.

Before our first class, please go through Lesson 1 and be ready to work together on the Excel file posted there.

Join this Course

Login to your OpenLab account and follow these instructions to join this course.

If you’re new to the OpenLab, follow these instructions to create an account and then join the course.

Remember that your username and display name can be pseudonyms, rather than your real name. Your avatar does not need to be a picture of your faceā€“just something that identifies you on the OpenLab.

Questions

If you have any questions, reach out via email or in Office Hours. If you need help with the OpenLab, you can consult OpenLab Help or contact the OpenLab Community Team.

Kind Regards,
Prof. Bonanome