“The Psychopathology of Everyday Things,”

The Psychopathology of Everyday Things

After reading the psychopathology of everyday things, I found it to be very humorous, yet very true. Each year we see more and more advance appliances, applications, motor vehicles, technology, etc come out. One trying to out do the other. The power of marketing makes these technology so appealing to consumers (business or individual), that they would want to own one themselves. Who doesn’t want to be the first to own a new technology, that suppose to make their life easier but if we can’t get it to work, then what’s the use?

An example of that for me, would be the telephone button in my car. It’s  an universal bluetooth hands free system. Supposedly I can have a conversation without having an ear piece or actually holding the phone. I have read through the manual several time and tried to program it but it still doesn’t work. After so numerous attempts I gave up . Apparently I’m not the only one with this problem. There has been numerous inquiries on how to get that button to work on the internet and the bmw forums. Now what’s the point of designing something that suppose to make a person life easier but have a difficult procedure to get to it?