I usually don’t like being critical of myself but I’m really proud of the work I’ve done at Hook&Loop. I think I’ve been a great team member, I’ve met every deadline, have handed in high quality work, and have brought a different perspective to the team. My internship has been extended twice now and I don’t think that would have happened if I wasn’t someone my direct team wanted to keep working with. I’ve been talking with my supervisor about possibly coming on full-time before/after graduation but that’s something they would need to talk about with our new director. Honestly, I don’t have high hopes for that transition because I have heard the department doesn’t have the budget to hire people. However, knowing that I’ve made a good enough impression to have the “full-time” conversation to begin with is a really great feeling.

The one thing I know I need to improve on is being punctual. There isn’t a direct time for me to be at work and no one has told me to come in earlier but I know people notice when I walk in after everyone else is already there. This is true for school, as well. I’m pretty much always late to my first class of the day. That’s just something I need to take a look at internally and figure out why it’s so hard for me to get up in the morning, even when I get enough sleep.