About Me

Hey everyone! My name is Marc Rodriguez, and I’m a student at The New York City College of Technology. When I first came to this college, I started out as an Information Technology major. I knew Information Technology wasn’t for me when I started to lose interest after the first couple of weeks in my first semester. It wasn’t something I wanted to do for my whole life. I chose communication design because I love to draw, be creative, and explore my imagination. When my professors introduced me to the Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, I was kind of amazed. I never used those programs before, but I actually enjoyed working with it. I’ve been able to learn a lot from my professors and I hope to learn more.

In the future, I want to be able to animate movies, tv shows or video games. However, right now I’m more interested in movie animations. I decided to take up animation because I love the story telling behind it. The scenery and graphics in animation has also fascinated me because it looks so real. I’ve always enjoyed watching Disney and Pixar movies when I was kid. One of my animated favorites is Toy Story. I also love the short animated films that Pixar creates. One animator that I like is Tim Burton. Lots of his movies are always amazing that have a dark feeling to it. I’ve never done animation before, though I hope to learn as much as I can from my classmates and professors.