Visual Quote Project

img_1999

For the visual quote project, The quote I chose was, “That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up”, by Walt Disney. I decided to use it because of how powerful it is. For my first concept, I decided to have the head of Mickey Mouse fading away along with half of the quote inside of his face. The reason why I wanted to fade his head away, was to show that childhood doesn’t last forever and it slowly erases overtime as we get older. I used a brush stroke that had sharp edges to it. So I faded half of his face and ears away with the brush stroke. I used black circles to create the face and the ears.

img_1997

For the second concept, I decided to use images surrounding the text. I wanted this concept to have a more childish feel to it. I used a script font that would feel playful along with the Mickey Mouse faces. To create the head, I basically did the same with the first concept. I used black circles to create the ears and the face. I duplicated Mickeys Mouses face and placed them around the text. When I placed them around the text, I had them at different angles so they all didn’t look the same.

img_1998

For the third concept, I designed briefcases on both sides of the document and the text was in between the briefcases. This concept was to show that the gray briefcases represented a world of adulthood such as having to get a job. The briefcases that was blue with a star on it, represented a world of childhood. Childhood to me is very colorful so I decided to go with those colors. The reason why I placed the childhood briefcases in the middle of the adulthood briefcases was to show that overtime, they will eventually grow to become a gray briefcase like an adult. I used a black background for this concept. I also made the text white and had it vertically in the middle.