Writing Task Mentor Quote – Jaden Harrison

Growing up my mother always told me about her baby brother, who is my uncle. He’s only about 6 to 7 years older than me but I would see him all the time because he lived with my aunt and my favorite cousin. I went to go see my cousin all the time and as I grew up I kept I seeing my uncle more and more, he went through high school and college and now he has a degree in a job but the reason why I looked up to him is because of what he was working for and how hard he worked. Cuz he was determined to get what he wanted in life when I was in middle school and he was at the end of high school he always told me high school’s not going to be easy so when you get there try your best, when I just started high school he was halfway through college about to finish  and as we were both growing up I remember what my mom told me saying when he was around your age he was doing what he had to do,she said that he had a job while going to school because he wanted his own money so he can buy what he wanted, I liked that he found his passion and I wanted to do what my uncle did I got a job while I was going to school just like him I did well in high school just like him and now I’m in college for the degree that I want so I can get what I want out of life.

Now my uncle is very wealthy. He has traveled the world and he is still traveling the world. He has made multiple hundred-thousand-dollar contracts with very big companies. He had a $150,000 contract with Samsung and now he’s in the middle of a $225,000 contract with Uber the main reason I look up to my uncle is because he’s different for the rest of my family he’s going to be the first millionaire in my family guaranteed, also our family members compared me to him they always said that I was different just like Christopher,  and when I grow up I’m going to be just like Christopher. And that’s what I wanted in life I wanted to be just like my uncle I wanted to find my passion and Chase it until I got it that’s what he did and he is by far the most successful member of my family and I want to be the next one. 

1 thought on “Writing Task Mentor Quote – Jaden Harrison”

1. Jaden: GO to Announcements and READ the instructions again for this HW #5 Mentor Quote and read the examples. Where is the mentor quote? It should be straight upfront!

Where is the MQuote? This should be a quote that you remember to this day and a quote that has influenced your life. So which is your mentor quote?

IS IT: he always told me high school’s not going to be easy so when you get there try your best OR my mom told me saying when he was around your age he was doing what he had to do,she said that he had a job while going to school because he wanted his own money so he can buy what he wanted.

Where are the events, the moments in your story?
    Do you have a memory of your uncle interacting with you that shows how he influenced you?
    DO you remember something he told you? SOmething that rings true and has guided you? Put that at the top of the page and use that as a mentor quote.

This seems more like a SUMMARY with a description of your uncle and why you admire him. I need to see a story, a NARRATIVE here. Of when someone said a memorable thing to you (MENTOR QUOTE) and how this has influenced you to be who you are today.

Remember — Your goal is to show how a particular aspect of your educational experience shaped you to become who you are today. Choose a single transformative event or memory or a set of transformative events or memories that influenced you.

You need to write an actual story–a story with conflict and a true beginning, middle, and end. Mine your memory (yes, like digging for gold!) for one significant event or a significant set of related events that has been important in your Educational Journey and that has shaped who you are today. Be selective and choose the best memories! Do not try to cover too much material! A good piece of writing focuses on one or two events and goes deep.