Project Proposal (UPDATED)— Rehana Parvin

My research question is how has the pandemic affected students who were transitioning from high school to college? I want to let my audience know that the pandemic has taken a toll on people’s mental health. Not only does this effects people, but this affects young teens. especially teens that are developing into young adults. The audience I’m trying to reach out to is the ones that are suffering from loneliness, anxiety, and depression. The genre I will be doing is a letter. I choose to do these because it will be easier for me to understand what people are going through. A letter will work for me because they will increase my interest, I will have better learning and I can make connections. I plan to help the audience that there not alone and that they can have a chat with somebody and be open about their mental health. Some people stay home all day and let themselves endure all that pain. Some of them tend to get suicidal thoughts and give up hope as well. I worry that my letter may not turn out so well because I feel like it’s the same problem over and over again.

2 thoughts on “Project Proposal (UPDATED)— Rehana Parvin”

1. I really like the statements you mentioned above. That is so true because sometimes they dont even realize that they are going through mental disorder such as depression.

2. Rehana: Remember you are using the same Unit 2 RAB Research Question here in Unit 3.

Your RQ was : How has the CV pandemic affected students who were transitioning from high school to college? So that is what your project Unit 3 will be built upon. You cannot change your Research Question as you did here above! You will use what you learned in your RAB (mental health of teens transitioning from HS to COllege) to create your news video. Get it?

OK — Then, Who will you interview? Remember you need at least 2 and 3 is better. And of course they should be teens who will talk about transitioning from HS to College during the pandemic.

Then — What will your questions be? YOu need to decide on the questions you will ask. NOw that you did the RAB research, you know your topic and you should be able to ask questions that are based in your research.

In the next step I will ask you to write up your questions. You need 6 to 10 questions to ask your interviewees. These questions should come out of the research you did. You are now an expert, since you did the research. So make sure your questions are serious and thoughtful.

LOOK AT THE ASSIGNMENT UNIT 3 AGAIN! ALSO look at the mentor text for video interview.

Prof. Wu