RAB Source Entry 1- David Antwi

PART 1: MLA Citation

Kaur, Harleen, et al. “Physical Fitness and Exercise during the Covid-19 Pandemic: A Qualitative Enquiry.” Frontiers in Psychology, Frontiers Media S.A., 29 Oct. 2020, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7673425/. 

Graphic Organizer

Main Idea:How has the corona virus pandemic affected the way people exercise and stay fit?

Supporting Detail 1: The importance of why having a healthy life gives you certain advantages in life. Living healthy, going to the gym, following a good diet does not only improve your physical and mental attributes but also evolves our body to respond to the negative consequences of several diseases such as diabetes, respiratory diseases etc.

Supporting Detail 2: Covid 19 has made it very difficult for people to maintain their normal physical activities and patterns .It has become a general problem leading to a decrease in daily physical activities done which has had ill effects on the physical and mental being for people.

Supporting Detail 3: The motivation for fitness is low. People love to go to the gym due to the fact that they are in the process of being in top shape and living a healthier life but it is hard to be motivated to start. Going to the gym gives an advantage in that struggle. When you go to the gym, you make acquaintances, you make friends that either help you on your journey or go on the journey with you, you see others working out and others in a very healthy state of mind which which pushes the person to do more. Not having this motivation can be very difficult.

PART 2: SUMMARY

In “Physical Fitness and Exercises during the Covid 19 Pandemic” Harleen Kaur elaborates on the effects that the pandemic has brought to the health life of people. They go more in detail explaining how not being able to does. not only have effects of the physical aspects of our lives but ways it impacts or mental and internal attributes of the body. Going to the gym does not only improve our physical looks but helps our body disapprove life threatening diseases. Diseases such as Diabetes, Cancer etc are certain life threatening diseases that is a high risk of taking one out, but gaining daily physical activities and getting in shape gives one a chance to fight back. But with the pandemic erupting, all this was shut down. A persons normal daily workout routine is destructed. Certain people, pre Covid wake’s up at five o’clock am to go on a run before their day begins. This is something their body was used to, a routine being followed and very comfortable with. But with the rise of the pandemic the routine is bothered. The motivation is smashed. Lots of people can’t go to the gym alone. They need a companion, some one too tag along, keep them motivated. Without that push their health life is miserable. Due to the pandemic, there is no companion to take along with, there is no one to observe and watch while you train to help you push harder.

PART 3:REFLECTION

This article is definitely direct to the point and the point being made is accurate to my understanding. I think that the life of a lot of people became very difficult and miserable that the people who were known pre Covid were known to be on top of their health and diet quickly became unhealthy. It was always staying inside and binge watching a variety of different subscription channels and eating the most junk food possible. Switching from Disney plus to Hulu to Netflix and eating snacks such as Doritos etc. The unhealthy route being erupted due to the pandemic and it was taking over fast. I do believe that yes there were still ways to try and maintain some sort of health balance but it is very difficult because you are by yourself. You are locked inside over 3 months worth and no one cares how you look. Nobody to judge you and make fun of you because you are at home and you are alone. This, to be very honest IS something I can relate to. In all my life, I have always been in shape or at least been the skinny kid. Being a high school athlete, my whole life was revolved around being in the best possible shape to be able to compete at the highest level. I worked out almost 6 times a day. both in the weight room and basketball gym. I loved every minute of it. It also allowed me to cheat certain meals without paying consequences. I could eat certain junk food without feeling unhealthy because I work out everyday. But all this came to a stop with the upbringing of the pandemic. I started to get mad at myself and all I could lean to was watching shows all day long. eating to help me feel better but that was temporary. I had no knowledge of being able to workout at home. I dd end up learning it like three months later but around then the damage was done. I was lazy, unmotivated and really tired. All unwanted to do was sleep eat and watch shows. The ill effects of being unhealthy is a scary thing and this article lets the reader understands ways of how that erupts and almost like how it feels.

PART 4: NOTABLE QUOTES

“Importance of Physical Activity and Exercise during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Psychiatry: Michigan Medicine.” Psychiatry, 7 Apr. 2020, https://medicine.umich.edu/dept/psychiatry/michigan-psychiatry-resources-covid-19/your-lifestyle/importance-physical-activity-exercise-during-covid-19-pandemic. 

Hollingsworth, Tim. “The Impact of Coronavirus on Activity Levels Revealed.” Sport England, https://www.sportengland.org/news/impact-coronavirus-activity-levels-revealed. 

1 thought on “RAB Source Entry 1- David Antwi”

1. David: Please re-do this!

YOU MUST USE A NYT source as I announced in class. I thought we searched for NYT articles on your topic. Here are 2 possible good NYT articles for you:

Please read my example source entry for NYT news article “Spit On, Yelled At, Attacked — Chinese Americans Fear for Their Safety.” LWu RAB Source Entry for NYT news article Spit On with Gr Org Remember I showed this in class. Read again how to write the Reflection part.

NOTE: You have not been using the correct titles for your past HWs. Please use the correct title.