Introduction — Jaqueline

My name is Jaqueline Munoz and I’m 20 years old. I am the eldest and only girl of four in my family. Although I have no biological sisters, I do have two cousins who I am really close to and who I consider as such. Some hobbies of mine include learning new languages and reading. At the moment, I speak two languages fluently and am currently in the process of learning three more.  I got back into reading in 2021 and had originally set a goal of reading 30 books for the year but ended up reading 130. I also have three guinea pigs and one plant named Henry.

After getting my GED, I had a hard time with the process of applying for college and was forced to take a two year break until now. I’m very excited to be back in school and that I’m able to interact with people once again. This is currently my first semester at City Tech and I am majoring in Professional and Technical Writing.  I’m still unsure of what I want to do career wise but I feel that this major is best suited for me.

5 thoughts on “Introduction — Jaqueline”

1. Hi Jaqueline I think it is amazing that you have learned so many languages by yourself. It takes a lot of patience as well as determination to accomplish something like that. Just wanted to let you know that it’s perfectly fine not to know what career path you want at the moment, do what makes you happy and content at a pace you are comfortable with.

1. Having multiple languages is a great asset in life . Its great that you chose to achieve your dreams and I hope you set more goals for yourself. Also be free to be who you want to be and don’t let someone else’s opinion get to you.

2. Hi Jacqueline it is wonderful you know so many languages and you like learning them too. I can relate with you because I like to learn other languages .

3. Jaqueline: Should we call you Jackie or Jaqueline?

What are your languages?

Great that you are an avid reader! Can you tell us what your favorites reads in 2021 were? Did the pandemic down time spur you to get back into reading?

It’s so nice to meet a City Tech Professional / Technical Writing Major: What made you decide on that major. What is your past writing experience?