RBG Op-Ed Analysis

The main idea of Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Advice for Living is that no matter what gender you are, you can do anything you set your mind to. The author of this opinionated piece is Ruth Bader herself. She told us quite a few things about herself, she became a lawyer when back in that time, it was common for women to become lawyers. Ruth’s audience is targeted more toward women because she is sharing her story as a woman and a mom that accomplished goals that others wouldn’t think is possible. The purpose of Ruth writing this opinionated piece was to show and tell her journey to becoming a lawyer as a mom. This genre of this piece like I said before is an opinionated piece. In my opinion, I think it matters when this piece was written because if it was written when she FIRST became a lawyer, it still wouldn’t be common for women to be involved in the supreme court. Now, this was written a few years ago, which still proves that times have changed. 

3 thoughts on “RBG Op-Ed Analysis”

1. I do agree her main target of audience is attended for women . I also agree that this article is opinionated and could be a motivation article for women. Becoming a lawyer is hard.

2. I completely agree with you on how this piece is more impactful because of the time that she became a lawyer. It really shows the difference between now and then even though a lot of women still deal with sexism and struggle with motherhood today.