Introduction- Maryfer

Hi, I’m Maryfer Mariano and I’m 19 years old. I was born in the Dominican Republic and moved to the US when I was 9 years old along with my mom and dad and my younger sister who in fact really looks like my twin. I had the opportunity to fluently speak, read and write in Spanish as I attended school in my precious island until my 5th year of elementary school. My birthday is february 26 and I take pride in my birth month because I find it’s the most special one out of all 12 months. This is my second year at city tech, I graduated high school the year 2020 right when the pandemic broke out. Lets just say my first year of college was a disaster and I am now working towards making this next year a better one, considering I now have more knowledge and the organizational skills to get through this whole college stuff.

I work part time in a money transfer agency where many people go and send money to their family members back home. My dream career is to be an ultrasound sonographer so for now I’m doing an associates in liberal arts and science, and working towards boosting my GPA in order to join a sonography program at LIU…or perhaps another program that might better suit my desired goal as a sonographer. I hope to meet new people who share the same passion for success and financial freedom as me, and make memorable and maybe even life long friendships.