Intro-Wendbendo

Hello, my name is Wendbenedo Aymard Kevin Ouedraogo. I speak French, English, and Mooré, which is my native language. I am currently studying computer systems at City Tech, with the aim of pursuing a career in cybersecurity.

My first name, “Wendbenedo”, means “God with us” and was given to me by my grandmother. My middle name, “Aymard”, is of German origin and means “tough, strong, brave and powerful”, which was given to me by my aunt.”Kevin” is a popular American name given to me by my mother. My last name, “Ouedraogo”, is a common surname among the Mossi of Burkina Faso, and it is also the name of the legendary founder of the Mossi Kingdoms. I think that all my names reflected who I am and who I will be.

A group of soldiers riding horses

Description automatically generated with low confidence

I was born in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, and immigrated to the United States in 2018 to further my education and career goals. I’m looking forward to learning and having productive discussions with all of you in this class. Thanks for having me.

5 thoughts on “Intro-Wendbendo”

1. It’s nice to meet you. I noticed your name comes from your family which is very powerful and it’s rare to see people having a name that was created by their family. I agree with you on “I think that all my names reflected who I am and who I will be.” because everyone’s name is unique and it shows your family really cares about you.

2. Very interesting background. I love how you broke down what your name means and who named you. I find it really cool how people can speak more than one language. I am looking forward to learning and having productive discussions with you as well.

3. Its really cool that you can speak multiple languages, personally I am terrible at learning other languages. What made you decide to get into cyber security? Its nice to have a unique name that you can relate to your cultural history.

4. Hey Wendbendo I think it’s interesting how you describe the meaning of your name. It’s also cool how you can speak more than one language. I think it’s awesome that you came to the United States to further your future career and goals.

5. Fabuous intro! I love the picture you shared and the wonderful explanation of all your names! Is this picture of Ouedraogo, the founder of Mossi Kingdom. You are only my second student from Burkina Faso. When I met my first student, I had to look up this country, because I had never heard of it. We American born students do not learn enough about other countries. I think this is an America-centric view and we should get over that!

Great that you speak also French and Moore, your national language! And it’s interesting to study cybersecurity! Hopefully you can learn to help protect our privacy! I am interested to learn more about this super important field of study from you.