Intro- Nathaniel Bovell

Hello to everyone reading this, my name is Nathaniel Bovell, but please call me Nate it just has a better ring to it than Nathaniel. I am a freshman here at City Tech studying Electrical Engineering, however, I will be switching to Information Technology soon since I believe that’s where my talents lie. I’m not particularly strong in any subject other than math, which is why I am excited about taking this English course and seeing how far I can push myself so that I can gain more skills that I can take from this course.

Something you should know about me is that I am a more reserved person who doesn’t do too much and who really doesn’t like to be the center of attention a lot. But on the other hand, I am very friendly so do not hesitate to approach me whenever. I am of Guyanese descent and have strong ties with my culture whether it be with its food, music, or even sport I enjoy it all. Some things I do in my spare time are play basketball, watch youtube, and play video games. I also have a very strong interest in investing and stocks so if you have any knowledge in that field bless me with it.

4 thoughts on “Intro- Nathaniel Bovell”

1. Cool intro Nate, I’ve never met anyone who was Guyanese. What do you plan on doing after college? What career are you trying to get into? Also have you made any investments yet or are you just getting started with this?

2. Hey Nate, Was there anything particular that made you want to switch to Information Technology from Electrical Engineering? I also am interested in stocks, I was a full time trader for about two years. I mostly invest in growth tech stocks, and trade options. I am Currently taking a break because of the market conditions at the moment, and also to focus on school. Are you interested in crypto at all?

3. Thx for telling us that you are reserved person. I wonder what is the difference between being shy and reserved? And are you also shy? However I see that you tell us that you are friendly, so it means that you do like to be social, yes?

Electrical engineering is a great major for those good at math. In fact my brother is an EE who works for Nvidia on their self-driving car chips! As far as writing, interestingly also — this brother was NEVER good at writing or literature. His interests and abilities were definitely math and science. However many years later, I noticed how well he wrote in our our email exchanges and in his work correspondance (which I saw when I visited him) and I realized how much he had improved in communication and how well he was at commanding respect through his writing. So writing well is definitely a necessary skill no matter what field you work in.

What is this colorful picture? A flag from your country Guyana? Pls tell us!